Thursday, January 17, 2013

Going. Going. Ghana...

It's finally the day! I managed to pack everything into my bags, which was actually pretty easy because I didn't have to pack a lot of jeans, coats, or anything for cold weather. In fact, I've realized how much of a temperature change I'm going to experience because it was snowing and under 20 degrees in MN and in Ghana the average temperature is about 90. I said my goodbyes to everyone and I cant even explain how ready I am for this adventure to begin.
As I'm waiting to board my flight, I'm actually experiencing a rather luxurious trip: there are iPads everywhere for people to use and a high class restaurant and bar, which you can order food on your iPad and have it delivered directly to you. It's really quite something. I am grateful for the free Internet and games, but I can't help but feel like I'm at the complete opposite end of the spectrum as to what ill actually experience in Ghana. I'm really happy everything went smoothly through security and I got here early enough. I'm just waiting to navigate my way through Amsterdam and hope all my luggage turns up with me in Ghana. Can't wait for the rest of this trip to unfold and keep you all posted on my experiences!
Much love,
Audrey

No comments:

Post a Comment