Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Halfway!?

Hey everyone!
It’s been awhile since my last post, so I’ll try and update you all on what has been going on here in Ghana. Two weekends ago, we stayed in Accra and spent time relaxing and taking a break from traveling. I got a lot of work done and it was nice to sleep in, etc. We got to experience more of Ghanaian night life and we went to another market called Medina, where I got some more used clothes and other stuff.
This weekend we explored Accra even more. Friday, we took a trotro to downtown and found this amazing vegetarian restaurant on the coast. It was located right in the cliffs and it was a super cool view as we were eating. They also had delicious vegetarian bean burgers and chips, which really hit the spot. Saturday, was another quiet day of getting stuff done around the dorms. I’ve come to realize that I really appreciate the weekends we travel and after two weekends of Accra, I’m ready to go explore more of Ghana. 

Delicious veggie burger!
View from our seat at restaurant!
More of the view!
Sunday, we got up at 5am to take a bus to Kumasi for the soccer game, Ghana vs. Sudan. It was a world cup qualifier and Ghana won 4-0!! The ride there was long and our driver had an interesting way of approaching speed bumps, but we made it there by late afternoon. The crowds and general atmosphere were so exciting, and it was an awesome experience! Only in Ghana can you pay $3.50 for a ticket and less than $2 for snack and drinks at the game. After the game, we got back on the bus for the long ride home.
Made it through the ticket gate!

This week there are more classes and my internship, and this weekend we are still deciding between going past cape coast or going to a festival outside of Accra. I hope everything is well back home and it’ll hopefully start to feel more like spring. I can’t say that I’m sad I’m missing all that snow. Happy Easter!!
Love,
Audrey

No comments:

Post a Comment